This recipe works on just about any game meat, but the antelope made it taste like heaven. Note that the nutmeg is a must. I discovered this "secret" when reading older recipe books that talked about cooking game. There's something about nutmeg that improves the flavor. They also recommend mace, which I would use as well, if the nutmeg wasn't so damn good.
- 2 Antelope tenderloins
- 1 lb bacon (get the good stuff)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pepper (optional)
- Slice antelope tenderloins into 1 inch thick slices.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle on antelope until all sides are covered.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around each antelope piece. Secure with toothpicks.
- Take extra bacon (if there are any) and put in frying pan. Cook on medium heat.
- Add antelope tenderloins to the bacon. Cook and be sure to turn over and cook each side.
- Put a lid on the frying pan and let cook until the meat is done to your liking and the bacon is done. If necessary, turn down the heat to prevent burning.